Paediatric first aid (12 hours) Combined practical and on-line course
This course meets and exceeds the requirements of Ofsted, EYFS and SureStart for people needing a 12-hour first aid course for adult, infant and child. It is done as a 1-day classroom practical session and an e-learning module.
Who is it for?
Professionals working with children including child minders, teachers, nursery workers and nannies. It is also suitable for parents and carers who want a more thorough grounding in first aid than our 6-hour first aid for babies and children course.
What does it cover?
- Planning for first aid emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- Contacting the emergency services
- First aid kits and accident reporting
- Unconscious but breathing (recovery position)
- Resuscitation procedures appropriate to the age of the children being cared for
- Adult, infant and child CPR
- Recognising and responding appropriately to a range of accidents and illnesses including anaphylactic shock, head injuries, foreign bodies in eyes/nose and meningitis.
You will get a certificate in Paediatric 12 hour Adult, Infant and Child First Aid, which is valid for three years. The course complies with the latest European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Downend Folk House, Lincombe Barn, Overndale Rd, Bristol BS16 2RW
- There is ample parking on site (car park access off Rockland Rd).
- The venue is about 5 mins drive from the M4/M32 (J1).
- The nearest train station is Bristol Parkway – 3.5 miles away.
- Buses run from the centre of Bristol to Downend and from Bristol Parkway. Use Traveline South West to plan your journey.