- A recognised one-day qualification for workplace first aiders.
- Certificate is valid for three years.
- The course enables you to give emergency fist aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill at work.
What we cover
- How to manage someone who is breathing but unresponsive.
- How to do CPR (chest compressions and rescue breaths) on someone who isn’t responsive or breathing including practicing using a defibrillator (AED) which are increasingly common in public places.
- Dealing with someone who is choking.
- Managing severe bleeding and shock.
- Dealing with burns and minor injuries such as cuts and bruises.
Downend Folk House, Lincombe Barn, Overndale Rd, Bristol BS16 2RW
- There is ample parking on site (car park access off Rockland Rd).
- The venue is about 5 mins drive from the M4/M32 (J1).
- The nearest train station is Bristol Parkway – 3.5 miles away.
- Buses run from the centre of Bristol to Downend and from Bristol Parkway. Use Traveline South West to plan your journey.